Is silky-smooth skin on your horizon? Then Laser Hair Removal is your sure-fire way of achieving it!
So, you may have never delved into the world of Laser Hair Removal. Or maybe you have, and you’re just checking out where to get your treatment done.
Then you’ve come to the right place, as we’ve put together this short guide to help you along your journey to smooth, hair-free skin!
Top ‘Need to Know’ Points:
- Lasers work by emitting different wavelengths into the skin, targeting the pigment of the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding areas. The heat in the laser burns the follicle or the root and leads to hair fall after 2 or 3 weeks.
- You will need to first be consulted before receiving Laser treatment to ensure you are fit to receive it as medications and previous skin treatments can affect your laser treatment.
- You will be given a treatment plan – it’s not just a one-off treatment! Buying your treatments in packages can save you money in the long term.
- Always follow the advice of your technician so you can look after the area prior, during and post your treatment.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Quick, easy, safe and effective, Laser Hair Removal has become one of the most popular hair removal techniques used in Australia and is a permanent solution to unwanted hair. Need we say anymore?
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
This really depends on several individual factors, such as:
- The area that’s being treated
- Your skin colour
- How coarse your hair is
- It also depends on whether you are a male or a female
- Hormonal imbalances
Your expectations and likely results will be discussed with you at your Free Consultation at Eden Laser Clinics.
One other important reason you may need multiple sessions for laser hair removal is that hair grows in several stages. The laser is effective only on follicles that are currently in the active hair growth stage. Several sessions ensure that all the follicles can be targeted effectively.
How Much Does It Cost?
Not as much (or as painful) as long-term waxing appointments! If you calculate how much you’re currently spending on waxing over a period of time and then compare it to a course of Laser Hair Removal – Laser will always come out as the more affordable and permanent solution!
Other Key Important Info:
- Your skin cannot be treated with a laser if you have had sun exposure in the past 2 weeks and you also need to avoid sun exposure 2 weeks after your treatment.
- Before booking your treatment, always ask if the technicians are fully qualified and that the equipment is TGA approved – all our Lasers at Eden Laser Clinics are medical grade lasers from Candela. The Candela GentleLase PRO is an Alexandrite laser, which is widely considered to be the gold standard in laser technology.
- Ensure you notify your technician if there has been any changes in your medication
Now that you’re up to scratch on the basics, go ahead and book your Free Consultation at Eden Laser Clinics today! With 8 Sydney locations and one in Canberra, there’s one that’s close to you!