The Oscars this year, was a star-studded night of enchantment, drama and beauty, as always! The appearances on the red carpet outside the Dolby theater never cease to amaze and this year was no exception. The lovely ladies of Hollywood charmed us with their extravagant outfits and the entire scene was illuminated by color and glamor. With stunning gowns and impressive hairstyles, the spotlight couldn’t linger on one face for too long. While we continue with being enamoured by the gorgeous smiles and sensational outfits, let us turn our attention to their sparkling eyes on this night of glamor.
Of all the divas, the lady who stole the limelight with the twinkle in her well-defined eyes was Anna Kendrick. In her elegant black gown and sleek hairstyle she was sophisticated and stunning. Her eyes popped with heavy liner, sparkly eye shadow and her entire eye makeup just made her stand out. Another star who was a sight to behold was Kate Hudson. She appeared beautifully tanned and every bit glamorous in her shimmery ivory gown and with well-lined eyes that looked beautiful from every angle, there was no stopping her!
Newcomer Lupita Nyong’o had dramatically sculpted eyes, yet it looked subtle and endearing. Her brows were filled to look just right, and inspite of the tears at the ceremony, her eye makeup stood through the night. The leading lady of the night, Cate Blanchett was the epitome of royalty with her exquisite gown and drop dead gorgeous ear drops. Her eyes though underplayed, worked with the total look beautifully.
Ravishing as always, Sandra Bullock with her smokey eyes, was one of the best dressed women on the red carpet that night. She looked warm, even golden! Not far behind was Jennifer Lawrence who beautifully carried off her strong smokey-eyed makeup and in her signature style red gown, looked undeniably elegant.
Looking at the most beautiful faces of Hollywood at the Oscars, there remains no question that eyes were the defining feature of every one of these women. Eyes are in fact, the most important aspect that can make or break any woman’s look. It can make you look young and energetic, or tired and old. Being the powerful element that defines a woman’s persona in a single glance, here are some tips to take care of your precious eyes so they shine and thrill!
- Always take off all your eye-makeup before going to bed. This should be done using a suitable eye-makeup remover and performed gently without undue stress on the eye area. Remember, that the skin around the eye is the thinnest skin on the body. It is ten times thinner than the rest of the skin on the body, so it has to be handled with due care.
- Never pull on or tug at the skin of your eyelids, even while applying eye-liner. Continuously doing so may cause it to sag over time and lose it’s elasticity and look wrinkled.
- Use a moisturizer specially formulated for the eye area. The eye area is more sensitive and so, regular skin products do not enrich it sufficiently.
- Do not use hot water to wash your eyes, this makes the skin dry and tired, always use lukewarm or cold water in the eye area.
- Change your eye-makeup as frequently as once in 3 to 6 months. If you ever have an eye infection, replace all your eye makeup following it.
- Ensure that you get 8 hours of sleep every night to reduce puffiness and avoid under eye bags.
- Do not read in dim light, nor strain your eyes unnecessarily. This can quicken the appearance of wrinkles at the edges.
- Eyes are the organs that show the first signs of aging. Try to keep them looking fresher for longer through a diet that is rich in nutrients that benefit your eyesight.
- Use sunglasses when going out in the sun and avoid squinting or frowning which will accelerate the appearance of wrinkles and crow’s feet.